Friday, October 31, 2008

I received interest in my resume from a recruiter in the pharmaceutical marketing communications arena. It's an account services position, which I think I would do well at, given my past experiences. But she was hesitant because my resume really isn't an easy sell for her. After all, I've done a lot of different things.

I'm more eclectic than your typical applicant, I think. Harder to put a label on me, which is good and also bad. It's good because I don't want to be labeled as one thing or another. But it's bad because I am not an easy read for recruiters, or for interviewers really. So that is making things a bit tough. Still, I think something will work out. I am working on a few consulting opportunities in the mean time. I know that didn't work out last time, when I tried to be mr competitive intelligence. But I think if I broaden my approach to be a more general marketing services provider I might have better luck.

No comments: