Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Another Day, Another Ding

Well, bad news from the folks at the marketing agency I interviewed with last Thursday. They felt I was weak in the marketing area. Which I called about, and heard that I didn't come across as if I had done anything independently. Which came as a shock, and I reacted angrily. Fact is, I've produced lots of marketing materials, but that was five years ago and I guess it's just not that fresh in my mind. The owner of this firm didn't like the fact that I kept talking about working in teams to produce marketing outcomes. But that's how it's done, so I don't know any other way. In any case, not the right fit, do move on.

Met today with a career counselor from St. Joe's. It was great to get some feedback from her on my job search strategies and give her a sense of where I stand, career wise. She gave me a Myers Briggs site to go to and do the evaluation, which they then link into career possibilities. Seems like a good system. And taking a step back to look at what I am a fit for, although I think I know, is the right thing to do now. I want to open up my world, and my search.

PS: Also applied for a job at Starbucks, we'll see how that goes. Could be interesting, or a real drag. We'll see.

Chow for now, MaRoHa

No comments: